9.07.2008

One Year Already...

Tomorrow is my and Chris' first Anniversary...I can't believe it's already been a year!! Crazy crazy! Anyway, I knew Chris was planning something but I thought it would be next weekend since our anniversary is on a Monday, but Chris suprised me and planned something for yesterday!! It started off by going to Apple Hill with a few of our friends/family because we love it and he knew I had been wanting to go there since August (but it wasn't open yet LoL) and then right before we were getting ready to leave he told me to pack an overnight bag because we wouldn't be coming back until tomorrow (today). (He's so cute!!) So I packed my bag and we went to Apple Hill with everyone. Then, after we were done there everyone else left and we went on our separate ways. He ended up taking me to a bed and breakfast in Coloma. It was so cute and quiet. (sorry, I didn't even think to take pictures but it was nice) We had both never been to a bed and breakfast so it was new for both of us. We decided that we really liked it. We went to a nice restaurant there where they had live music and good food. It was nice weather too. At the bed and breakfast there was no tv, which suprisingly was so nice!! I am always watching tv (not a good habit but oh well)...Chris calls me a tv junkie LoL But there were board games and I LOVE Monopoly but no one ever wants to play with me! So we played Monopoly until about 11...and I loved it! Then this morning the owners made a nice breakfast that Chris said was amazing (but I'm so picky that I didn't like anything except the grapefruit and cinnamon streusel muffins) then we went to deliver a dunk tank (Chris' parents have a dunk tank rental business and whoever delivers them gets paid the amount of the delivery fee...good money for not a lot of work, basically) in Grass Valley (not too far from where we were..plus, we made enough money to pay for our whole trip). Even though it was Sunday and it was kinda working we did it anyway LoL But we did find a church up in Grass Valley and we went to Sacrament :) and then we just walked around the historic downtown of Grass Valley unil we had to pick up the dunk tank. We had dinner on the way home. Anyway, it was so nice to get away for a night and not have distractions. We got to spend quality time with eachother and just have fun :) It was so nice...I am so grateful for Chris and what a wonderful husband and friend he is to me. I'm so thankful to have the Gospel in my life and to know that I can really be with him forever :)

Me and Chris in front of the little pond at the bed and breakfast..it was cute...there was a row boat that you could use too!

Chris in the row boat, being a dork :)

This is Chris imitating my mom...we both agreed that she would have been excited about row boating LoL

Me and Chris in front of an old gold mining mill thing in Coloma



Me and Chris in historic downtown Grass Valley...it was pretty cute!

2 comments:

Brenda K. said...

Cuteness! Congrats on the one year...dang we are pretty similar with our timing huh, wedding baby. So our little one is moving around more than she ever has and ugh, I hate the rib pain. It was pretty bad about a month or so ago, then it wasn't so bad and now I get it here and there. Im really starting to feel the weight of the belly though, like when I stand up after sitting for awhile. Anyhoo, nothing too terrible. TTYL!

lindsayfam said...

Glad you had a great anniversary. Where has the year gone?? You and Chris are so cute together. Can't wait to see you. Hey....are you up for another trip to Apple Hill when I come in October??? I'm having caramel apple withdrawals :0