Anyway, here's a picture of Paisley with her first ponytail..more like a spout!

6.09.2009
Paisley's first ponytail and a quick update
Paisley is now 7 months old (as of last Friday) and I can't believe it! It has flown by that's for sure! Her hair has obviously grown quite a bit and I can now put it in a little ponytail. She is about 20.5 pounds and still 27 inches (a month ago she was 18 lbs 10 oz and 27 inches) but this is just me weighing and measuring so I don't know how accurate it actually is lol She is really trying to crawl but can't get up on all fours...I think her belly weighs her down :) but she can manage getting around by scooting and rolling over lol She recently started playing with her spit in her mouth which makes a weird sound..it's pretty funny and when she's sitting she bounces up and down like she's excited for some reason lol. She is ticklish and I love the sound of her laugh when we tickle her! She would much rather stand than sit or be held but she can't stand yet so she just expects us to hold her arms while she stands up lol. The other day we noticed in the car that when I had the diaper bag next to her she was grabbing things out of it and playing with them so when we were at home later we sat her on the carpet (yes, we moved into our new house and I love having carpet...I'll post before and after pictures soon) with the diaper bag next to her and she pulled out item after item and played in the diaper bag for about an hour!! (that's unheard of for her...she likes to be entertained constantly!!) that was a nice break :) At 6 months and 3 days I started her on rice cereal, we did 5 days of that, then 5 days of oatmeal cereal (which made her spit up more for some reason so we're sticking with rice cereal), and then 3 days of carrots and 2 days of squash. After her first day of carrots she had major diarrhea and was pooping 5 times a day (previously it was only 1 time a day) which led to a BAD diaper rash...it took two weeks for it to go away and you can still (barely) see where the sores were...I e-mailed her Dr and she said to stop the food and just stick with the rice cereal so I did that for about two weeks but this past Sunday I started her on a non acidic vegetable (sweet potatoes) and so far so good, thank goodness!! She's already 7 months and I didn't want her to be behind on eating and what not (but I waited until the rash was better). She is still not really on a nap schedule but I started trying that today. I put her in her crib (which she hasn't even slept in yet, but will be soon) at about 11:55 and she cried until about 12:20 and fell asleep, until 12:55...35 minutes=good for Paisley. So then, I put her down again at 2:55 and she cried until 3:10...only 15 minutes, improvement already :) and she's still sleeping....30 minutes...we'll see if she sleeps longer or sticks with her usual 30-40 minutes! Hopefully I can get her on a napping schedule now that we're pretty much settled in our house. And soon, we'll be putting her in her own room in her own crib at night...maybe tonight...? wow, sorry this was so long...it's more for my records than for whoever reads this. I'm big into journaling, because I like having records of everything but it's hard to find time to do it with a baby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That's my bebe! I'm so broken hearted that you didn't come over. boo you! Paisley is mad at you, she told me. :)
O and she wants to come over tomorrow if that's clear to you.
Love ya
What kind of ponytail did you use to put her hair up?
I just use bows so far...but the ponytail is cute!
shes so cute!!! i didn't know you had a blog!!1 i LOVE it!!! :)
Post a Comment